Baltimore Pit Beef
Baltimore Pit Beef (Top Round)
The Pit Beef Sandwich is to Blatimore, what the Cheese steak is to Philly! From the HomeBBQ.com Cooking Class, and the Grilling DVD
Write a review
- 3 to 4 LB.s Top Round Steak (London Broil)
- 3 to 4 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Sea Salt and Minced Garlic
- Rub roast with olive oil (both sides) Apply rubs liberally (both sides) Let marinate with rub (minimum 1 hour, preferably 4 to 8 hours).
- 30 minutes prior to cooking re-apply ground black pepper Cook top round direct for approximately 2 minutes each side.
- Place top round on indirect heat, for approximately 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cook to desired doneness (see doneness chart)
- Remove from heat and let stand for at least 10 minutes Slice very thin against the grain
- Serve on Kaiser rolls, with onions, cheese (if desired), and horse radish sauce
By Kevin Bevington (HomeBBQ.com)
Outdoor Cooking Channel http://www.outdoorcookingchannel.com/