National Chocolate Milk Day Calls For Cake
It’s National Chocolate Milk Day. How crazy is that? I swear there’s a day to celebrate just about everything. But chocolate milk is at least something I can get excited about. Especially if you’re talking *hot* chocolate milk.
What’s better than enjoying a crisp cool fall day with mug of hot cocoa?
Actually, I know the answer to that. It’s if that mug is actually full of hot chocolate CAKE instead of hot chocolate milk.
Beware: This cake is the most dangerous chocolate cake in the world. Why? Because it can be made, start to finish (including cooking time!), in under 5 minutes. Yes, seriously. And it’s good too. Really good.
I’ve splurged a bit on this cake by adding some warm cinnamon and spicy cayenne. This gives it a Mexican twist and, in my opinion, makes it the perfect thing to serve after a round of grilled fajitas.
Serves 2 (or 1 serious hot chocolate lover)
- 5 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 and 1/2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 and 1/2 tbsp packed light brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (add less if you’re afraid but do try a little bit at least once. If you’ve never had spicy chocolate before, you’re in for an experience)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup whipped cream (from a can or made from whipping cream, I prefer unsweetened here)
- In a large microwave-safe coffee mug stir together the dry ingredients. Mix in the milk, oil and vanilla.
- Microwave on high power for 1 minute. Microwaves vary: If a fork stuck in comes out with soft crumbs rather than uncooked dough, it’s ready to eat.
What’s the most dangerous dessert you’ve ever made?